Monday 3 January 2022

Finally gave in and joined whatsapp

 For years I've resisted the Facebook, now Meta, services.

I didn't like the way they squirrelled away all your data and tried to take over your life.

Recently I softened and installed Instagram on my Huawei, because a number of regional archive services have taken to posting interesting material on Instagram.

I post little, other than the occasional cat picture, and really am just a lurker in the background.

I've also avoided Whatsapp for the same reason - the ownership, not the technology, but over the Christmas break I needed to talk to our health fund about the billing for J's op. Nothing major, just a query on one line item.

Normally, when you contact our fund you can chat with them via one of these chat apps, and it's relatively efficient - raise a query, upload a bill for payment, and it's all quite painless.

But of course, we've just had Christmas, and while the helpdesk was still there they'd changed over to using whatsapp rather than their own chat service. Whether this is a permanent change or not, I don't know, but the only way, other that sit on hold until the heat death of the universe, was to use whatsapp.

So, ever the pragmatist, that's what I did.

I'm still not going to use Facebook tho' ...😼

No comments: