Thursday 1 August 2024

Powerbanks and the lightbox

 Bit of a 'Duh!' moment this one.

Up to now I've used the $25 Temu lightbox plugged into a USB adapter which was then plugged into a wall socket or an extension board.

And this is fine, in fact in my work bag I always take a power board with USB sockets with me.

But sometimes there's no convenient wall sockets, especially in older buildings such as Lakeview, and you don't really want to be trailing 5 or 10m extension leads all over the place.

And then I had my goldfish moment. The light box is basically only a couple of LED strips in a plastic enclosure, meaning it'll run fine off a powerbank, which is basically just a big battery. (We have one for emergencies when the power is out to ensure we can keep a phone or portable internet modem charged).

But as well as emergency backup, you can use the powerbank as a portable power source - simple really.

No comments: