Wednesday 14 August 2024

Another one bites the dust

 


I decided that it really was time that my Alcatel Pixi 7 (Android 4 no less) went to the great network in the sky, otherwise known as the local e-waste centre.

I always liked the (paper) notebook sized format, and I still use the old iPad mini I bought to replace it as a  lightweight note taker.

I'd originally bought the Pixi as cheap portable device, to replace my original no name Chinese  7" tablet and keyboard combo.

I added a minature  keyboard to the Pixi, and hey presto, I had a note taker.

All this happened while I was still working and to be honest, I had last seriously used it as a note taker in 2015 before I retired, although it did have a few outings to Albury Library for a bit of research.

Anyway, time to let go. It was simply gathering dust. It took a long time to boot up - so long that I thought it might have hung, and once booted, I did a factory reset on the device to wipe it.

Bizarrely, after I wiped it, it booted up in Spanish ...

No comments: