Sunday 21 July 2024

Using the Temu lightbox

 You might remember that a few weeks ago I bought a cheap foldable lightbox from Temu.

Incredibly basic, but then it cost me less than $25. I hadn't really had a chance to use it seriously until this afternoon, when I used it to photograph some Victorian postal ephemera I've acquired - really to illustrate talks and the like.

I thought I'd better put them in archive grade storage sheets rather than acid free paper bags in a heavy book to keep them flat, which is where they've been up to now.

So this afternoon, I had some fun photographing them, putting them in archive grade storage sheets and making up little record cards for them.

To photograph them I used my big, if old, Fujifilm Finepix digital camera, and I'm pretty pleased with the results


as in this black bordered 1861 mourning envelope.


No comments: