Wednesday 19 July 2023

Some FTTP progress ...

 We've recently moved back to Telstra in order to get our link upgraded to FTTP.

Well we've had some progress, and I'm quietly impressed. 

The Monday after I made the upgrade request Telstra texted me an install date, which is rather sooner than they first said - which is good, and about ten minutes later I had a second text to tell me not to be alarmed if a strange man in orange hi-vis gear came into our yard - it was a pre installation survey so that they could check how to route the cable.

They also sent me a link to an amazingly sensible little video about what happens during the installation to help us prepare.

Clearly, they've done this before ...

[update 20/07/2023]

Well, we got rather more than a single man in hi-vis - we got a truck full of Bengali speaking cable guys. 

I was down at Chiltern working on the Dow's documentation project, but they phoned me as they'd arrived while J had nipped out to the supermarket, to ask if it was ok if they dug a trench, and MMS's me a couple of pictures of the front yard and the wall of our house showing where they were going to dig the trench and bring the cable up.



J talked to them when she got home and double checked what they were doing - they didn't  have particularly good English - with the result that we now have a fibre optic cable and NBN Fibre Optic termination point on the wall of the house - all we need now is for Telstra to install our fibre optic connection module ...



No comments: