Friday 23 June 2023

Oppo

 Well, I did go and order an Oppo phone and it arrived a few days ago.

Next to my existing iPhone 8 it's bigger, heavier than I expected, and a perfectly competent Android phone.

.

It makes calls, it lets you install apps on it, and it didn't come with a pile of pre-installed apps that you can't remove, something, which having sworn off social media, I was kind of dreading having to deal with, but the only pre-installed social media app was Facebook, and it was readily uninstallable.

Compared to my iPhone, what's impressive is how quickly it charges, and how long the battery lasts.

The weather's been singularly appalling recently so I haven't taken it for a walk to test out its capabilities, but it's looking good.

As always, when I look at mid range Android phones, I wonder if Apple is really worth the money - there are other just as capable phones out there that do the job ...

No comments: