Sunday 12 August 2018

Being organised

Working on the documentation project, I'm essentially hot desking. I bring my stuff, do my thing, and then go away again, and this means being organised.

Initially I  just used an old pencil case with pens, pencils, usb sticks, and so on rattling around inside it, but when I was out helping J buy some materials from an art store I saw these really natty two level boxes which have pretty robust hinges:


and opened out it looks like this


with space for usb sticks, space reserved for SD cards in the future, a usb hub, spare usb cable, pens, pencils, ruler, scalpel and spare blades, magnifying glass, and a pack of wax crayons - sometimes the easiest way to read an faint embossing on a bottle is to take a take rubbing - and hiding beneath the hub is a size reference card and a little multi tool

All in all I'm pretty happy with the setup. Ideally it could be a little bigger and have space for a 250mm ruler, and you really need to train yourself to open it with the box the right way round to avoid spilling the contents.

being not much longer than an A4 pad the box fits comfortably in any work bag.

Definitely a find ...

No comments: