Thursday 1 December 2011

3 months with a zPad

as I’ve previously mentioned on several occasions I bought myself a no name Chinese made Android tablet roughly three months ago.
Since then I’ve used it fairly intensively and this is a fair summation of my experience:
  • Apples are not the only fruit. Tablets don’t have to automatically be iPads. The Android experience is pretty good.
  • The software ecology in Android isn’t quite so rich – there are quite a lot of iPad only apps out there, but everything you need for something resembling work and recreational stuffing around exists for Android.
  • You don’t need to pay $600 for a tablet experience. My tablet cost me just under $300 direct from an overseas wholesaler . Lenovo and Acer periodically have specials on tablets for around $350, which seems a fair price if you want some local support and a  device sourced from somewhere in Australia
  • You can type on a glass keyboard but if you’re  seriously taking  notes invest in a cheap bluetooth keyboard or use a netbook.
  • It's really good as a way of sharing images or handing to someone to show them a document or a web page
  • It would be really nice to be able to print …

No comments: