Tuesday 24 April 2012

Taking notes ...

During a pause in proceedings at the Semantic Web meeting yesterday I glanced around to see how my fellow attendees were taking notes. Being a Semantic web seminar we can guess that most people were computer literate and had a choice of note taking technologies available to them Of the 40 or so people present roughly three quarters used good old paper and pencil. Of the remainder, one person used a full size laptop, one person used a netbook and the rest used tablets. I didn't spot anyone using an Ultrabook, but I may have been mistaken.

The preferred tablet was by far and away the iPad, I don't think I spotted a single Android tablet. Half the tablet users typed on the glass keyboard, the others used it like a laptop with an external keyboard, which is interesting given the possiblities of using a tablet plus keyboard combination as a netbook replacement given the usually superior battery life of tablet computers ...

No comments: