Friday 2 January 2009

the twitter feed ...

As an experiment it seems worthwhile - I've around five twitterers actively following me, plus guessing from the number of connections to the home page of this blog, around another five people checking manually for updates. No idea how many people use the rss feed or my facbook status.

Which given that the content is unstructured and eclectic, with zero marketing, and actually is only stuff I think is interesting on my scan through various feeds etc each day is good.

As an experiment I was going to can it some time around now but actually it costs me only a few keystrokes and a few bytes out of my banwidth quota, it's probably worth continuing the experiment a little longer. Interestingly there's a couple of other more well known bloggers out there starting to use twitter in much the same way as a link posting tool, I'll be checking them out to see if there's any more refinements to try ...

No comments: