and there's the rub. jaguar really doesn't cut it. Most of the obvious common freeware doesn't work, eg no text wrangler, no neo office, no journier, not even aquaemacs, so I'm kind of stuck for a basic set of tools.
What did install was:
- Camino 1.04 (means I can use google docs etc)
- abiword 2.4 (loathsome, but hey it's a word processor)
- nvu ( a bit touch and go but it runs)
- mac emacs ( the old version, no sexy interface)
- vim ( the old version for 6.2)
So really what I've got is something that's kind of like a web 2.0 thin client. Put that way, it might be an interesting experiment using it ...