Thursday 21 March 2024

Tasmanian retro photography

 Over on one of my other blogs I've periodically posted about my interest in retro photography.

Before our recent trip to Tasmania I put together a retro photography kit. We were taking the car so weight was not an issue


I bought an old style canvas three compartment camera bag from ebay which allows me to pack my big old Praktica MTL 3 in the middle compartment, the half frame Olympus in one of the end compartments and things like a light meter, spare film etc in the end compartment.

(The cat is not part of the setup, he's merely intensely curious because of all the odd smells in the bag.)

As a solution it works for me - while the bag is quite heavy, its of a size to be easily carryable and with everything in one place makes it simple to take along as an addition to any out door trip.

I did take quite a few pictures with the film cameras, but I've not yet had any scanned. If any are any good, I'll post about the experience ....

No comments: